ASD's secretariat is a dynamic team of 20 professionals who are passionate about their work and strongly believe in the mission of our Association!
ASD publishes regularly job opportunities on this page.
If you're talented and wish to work an international environment, bookmark this page and subscribe to our Twitter feed for the latest opportunities. You can also send us your spontaneous application together with your letter of motivation in English to: applications(at)asd-europe(dot)org.
ASSISTANT TO THE CIVIL AVIATION DIRECTOR
The AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe (ASD) is currently looking for an Assistant to the Civil Aviation Director. The person will work together with his / her civil aviation colleagues as part of an integrated team under the responsibility of the Civil Aviation Director. His / her focus areas will be to provide support on transversal topics of interest to the civil aviation sector as well as providing administrative support to the Civil Aviation Director. The starting date for this position will be in January 2022.
ASD represents the European aeronautics, space, defence and security industries in all matters of common interest, with the objective of supporting the competitive development of the sector. ASD's membership is composed of major European companies and national associations. Our members represent more than 3000 companies, employing around 880,000 people and generating a turnover of €230 billion in 2020.
Under the guidance of his / her Director, the assistant to the Civil Aviation Director will:
- Monitor and assess EU policies/initiatives with impact on the civil aviation industry;
- Contribute to ASD outreach and advocacy activities (e.g. contributing to the preparation of ASD papers and documents, coordinating replies to public consultations, initiating and organising meetings with representatives from EU institutions and agencies);
- Organise and support meetings of the ASD Civil Aviation Business Unit as well as other civil aviation related events;
- Coordinate with other ASD departments and act as an interface with ASD members and external stakeholders;
- Provide administrative support to the Civil Aviation Director.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has a master’s degree in European Policy, International Relations, Political Science or similar;
- Has a strong interest in the Civil Aviation sector;
- Has a sound knowledge and understanding of EU decision-making and legislative process;
- Has strong analytical skills and the capacity to learn fast and think ahead;
- Has excellent organisational skills and an ability to multitask;
- Is intellectually curious, flexible and proactive with the ability to work under pressure;
- Is able to work in an international team, has strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Has minimum C1 level proficiency in English; good knowledge of other European languages is a strong asset;
- Must be proficient in computer skills (Microsoft Package).
A full-time permanent job in a challenging and international environment as well as an attractive employment contract, including a competitive salary and additional benefits (lunch vouchers, group insurance, contribution to public transport costs).
ASD is an equal opportunities employer and supports workforce diversity.
All applicants should send their CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com, with the reference “Assistant to the Civil Aviation Director”.
The closing date for applications is 8 December 2021.
ASD anticipates a high number of applications, therefore only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.