The AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe, ASD, is looking for a senior-level Communications Director to join its international team in Brussels. In this newly created position, you will lead and develop the communication strategy and management of the ASD’s communication activities. You will be part of the management team, report to the Secretary General and have a Communications Manager to assist you.
ASD represents the aeronautics, space, defence and security industries in Europe in all matters of common interest. Our objective is to promote the competitiveness of the sector in times of fast technological and societal changes. To achieve this, we develop and advocate for common industry positions, and provide technical expertise to all European institutions.
- Develop and lead internal and external communication strategies and plans
- Strengthen communication with ASD’s direct and indirect members and stakeholders
- Develop and implement ASD’s online Communication Strategy (key messages for web, social media)
- Develop and maintain relations with external media, relevant institutions and community members
- Ensure fair and accurate coverage of ASD’s activities and key messages
- Develop a story telling strategy for various stakeholder groups
- Draft press releases and other public facing communications
- Organize and coordinate ASD’s events (e.g. annual reception, conferences, etc.)
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing or other related field
- A journalistic background with a degree in history or political science is an alternative
- 10+ years experience in relevant fields
- Expertise in developing and executing integrated communications strategies
- Experience in working with internal and external senior stakeholders
- Experience of representing an organisation at an international level
- Experience of advocacy campaigns
- Experience of EU institutional environment
- Full proficiency in English (additional language skills is a plus)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Capacity to integrate and work in a multinational team
- Capacity to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
A full-time job in a dynamic and challenging environment and look forward to your application.
All applicants should send their CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com, with the reference “Communication Director”. The closing date for applications is 4 December. Starting date: As soon as possible.