Research, Technology & Innovation Manager
The AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe, ASD, is looking for a proactive and experienced manager to join its international team in Brussels and work on research and innovation related matters. Together with the other members of the strategy team, he/she will support the activities of the Research and Technology Commission (RTC) and contribute to fostering the dialogue between European industry and the EU Institutions.
ASD represents the aeronautics, space, defence and security industries in Europe in all matters of common interest. Our objective is to promote the competitiveness of the sector in times of fast technological and societal changes. To achieve this, we develop and advocate for common industry positions, and provide technical expertise to all European institutions.
- Monitor EU research and innovation policies and instruments, with a specific focus on the relevant parts of the European Framework Programme for Research and Innovation
- Support the efficient operations of the Research and Technology Commission and its related working groups
- Ensure synergies and cooperation with other ASD working groups
- Contribute to the preparation of position papers and advocacy campaigns
- Represent ASD in external working groups
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience related to the EU institutional environment and/or within industry
- Profound knowledge of European research and innovation policies and instruments
- Thorough understanding of the EU decision-making process
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Full proficiency in English (additional language skills is a plus)
- Strong analytical skills and contextual thinking
- Capacity to integrate and work in a multinational team
- Capacity to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Strong organisational and coordination skills
A full-time job in a dynamic and challenging environment with an attractive employment contract, including benefits (lunch vouchers, insurance and public transport). Starting date: as soon as possible.
All applicants should send their CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the reference “Research, Technology and Innovation Manager”.The closing date for applications is 14 March 2020.
Starting date: As soon as possible.