Supply Chain Manager
The AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe, ASD, is looking for a proactive and experienced manager to join its international team in Brussels. The manager will support the activities of the Supply Chain Commission (SCC) and contribute to fostering the dialogue between European industry and the EU Institutions, while being the Personal Assistant of the director and thus being a focal point to the Strategy team.
ASD represents the aeronautics, space, defence and security industries in Europe in all matters of common interest. Our objective is to promote the competitiveness of the sector in times of fast technological and societal changes. To achieve this, we develop and advocate for common industry positions, and provide technical expertise to all European institutions.
The Supply Chain Manager will:
- directly support the Supply Chain Commission (managing meetings, drafting minutes, providing information to its members)
- monitor policies and instruments related to SMEs and OEMs
- ensure synergies and cooperation with other ASD working groups
- attend EU parliamentary hearings, conferences and draft reports
Being the personal Assistant to the ASD Strategy director he/she will:
- prepare analysis and reports related to ASD key transversal topics
- manage the director’s agenda and travel arrangements; support the director before meetings
- organise internal and external meetings with ASD’s members as well as EU officials
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
The Supply Chain Manager and Personal Assistant to Strategy Director must have:
- a master’s degree in International Relations, European Affairs, Economics or related field
- proficiency in English (C1 level is required)
- previous work experience in an international environment
- strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- flexible and proactive approach to work under pressure and meet deadlines
A full-time permanent job in a challenging and international environment as well as an attractive employment contract, including benefits (lunch vouchers and group insurance) as well as a contribution to public transport costs.
All applicants should send their CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com, with the reference “Supply Chain Manager”. The closing date for applications is 11 April 2020. Starting date: As soon as possible.